Friday, September 20, 2013

Density and Measuring

Over this week we did a lot of things that taught me how to do specific things in the lab. One thing we did this week was the do nows. the do nows helped me figure of the mass, density, and volume of various objects. over the summer i forgot how to find the Mass, Density, and Volume but with the help of the do nows helped me remember. One do now we did was finding the density of pure solid copper, the mas and volume was already given to me, but i had to divide the two numbers to get the answer 55. 28. The do nows that we did this week helped me remember what to do when i have to find the Mass, Volume, and Density. Another thing we did this week was Labs. we did two labs, one was do bowling balls sink or float when we did this lab we has to find the density to understand why the ball floats and or sinks. The bowling ball lab helped me because it was the first lab i did after summer and helped me figure out how to do labs again. Another lab that we did this week was the gummy bear lab. The gummy bear lab we had to find the volume, density, length, width, and hight of the gummy bear. these labs helped me understand more about science and prepaired me for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment